In 30 minutes you can cook this easy, healthy & tasty Greek Chicken Bowl!
This recipe comes from my soul.....HAHA! My greek heritage is shining through on this - and its probably my FAVOURITE thing to have for a quick lunch!
It's kind of like a Buddha Bowl but packed with Mediterranean flavours, oregano & paprika chicken, couscous, olives, greek salad, and of course, tzatziki!!
The tzatziki makes it so be sure to click the link below to get my favourite tzatziki recipe!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 large chicken breast
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup cous cous, uncooked
1 tbsp butter
1 cucumber, halved and sliced
1 small red onion, sliced
1/2 cup kalamata olives
5-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
4 tbsp tzatziki
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/350F.
- In a mixing bowl, coat the chicken in garlic, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper.
- On a non stick frying pan, splash a little olive oil and heat to a medium high heat. Place chicken onto the frypan and lightly brown on all sides.
- Place chicken onto a lined baking tray and into the oven for 15 minutes or until completely cooked through. (this way, it won't overcook and dry out on the pan!) Once cooked, slice into strips.
- Cook cous cous according to packet instructions. When adding the water to cous cous, add the dollop of butter and mix through. This will help the cous cous from sticking.
- Into a bowl, add the cucumber, red onion, olives, cherry tomatoes and cooked cous cous. Top with the sliced chicken.
- Either keep the tzatziki on the side, or mix it through (my favourite!)