Yiayia's Meatballs are an all time favourite of mine, a recipe packed with flavour that is surprisingly super easy to make. Perfectly paired with some freshly cooked veggies and some rice.
Serves: Makes 20 meatballs
250g beef mince
250g pork mince
1 brown onion, grated
1/4 cup of parsley, finely chopped
8-10 mint leaves, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
1 small tomato, grated
- Add mince, onion, garlic, mint, egg, breadcrumbs, tomato, salt, pepper and parsley to a bowl and mix well.
- Using roughly a tablespoon of mixture at a time, roll the mixture into small balls.
- Into a deep saucepan, heat olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Cook meatballs for 7-8 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Eat by themselves, or for extra tastiness - add them to a sauce and serve with pasta!