Ohhhh how great is tzatziki? I could lather this on ANYTHING!
Makes at least 3 cups
1kg Natural Greek yoghurt
2 Lebanese cucumbers
1/2 Tsp olive oil
2-3 garlic cloves
Salt & pepper (to taste!)
- Firstly, you’ll need a bowl, a sieve and a choux cloth.
- Place the sieve on top of the bowl and line it with a choux cloth. Spoon the Greek yoghurt into thesieve and let it sit overnight (or for 1-2 hours) in the fridge to draw out any excess water. This helps the consistency become creamy!
- Grate the cucumber into another choux cloth and squeeze out any excess water.
- Add the strained yoghurt into a large mixing bowl with the cucumber, olive oil, crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Taste and season accordingly (might need more salt, depending on your liking!