Because everyone is LOVING these Pasta Bakes so much, I thought I'd create another for you! This one is an epic Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Bake that packs all the beautiful flavours in a dish for the family to share!
Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Bake
500g penne, cooked
2 cups of Napoletana sauce
300g chicken tenderloins, sliced into strips
200g provolone cheese
250g button mushrooms, sliced thinly
100g baby spinach
1 brown onion, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
pinch of salt & pepper
10g parsley (to top)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Boil water and cook pasta to packet instructions (but minus 1 minute!).
- In a non stick pan, heat olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, salt, and pepper into the pan and cook for 10 minutes, or until mostly cooked.
- Add chicken tenderloins to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add spinach and leave to wilt for 2 minutes. Continue to stir.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked pasta, Napoletana sauce and the mushroom mixture. Mix well, ensuring everything is combined. Sprinkle with salt and pepper here again
- Add to a large baking tray and sprinkle with provolone and parsley.
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.