This Easy Chicken and Mushroom Pie is my new favourite! So quick, simple and healthy but super delicious.
Plus, it's a super cheap dinner idea and great way to use up leftover roast chicken.
This is a great recipe for the kids and the whole family you enjoy.
You'll be loving every single bite!
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
5- 6 button mushrooms, halved if large
½ tsp thyme leaves
2 Tbsp chives, chopped
1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
1/3 cup chicken stock
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1 sheet puff pastry sheet, thawed
1 tsp corn flour
1 egg, whisked
1 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Combine the chicken, mushrooms, thyme, chives, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Stir the mascarpone, stock and cornflour together, pour over the chicken mix.
- Cut pastry 1cm larger than your pie dish.
- Fill the pie dish with chicken mixture. Brush the rim with egg and top with pastry. Press the edges down to seal.
- Brush the pastry with more egg, sprinkle with sea salt and sesame seeds. Place in the oven for 25 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden.