This Easy Chicken and Mushroom Pie is my new favourite! So quick, simple and healthy but super delicious. I wanted to give my bare guide community a new recipe and also those who are on the fence....a taste of what you're missing out on hehe! This fits into model 1 of the Bare Guide!
It's a super cheap dinner idea and great way to use up leftover roast chicken.
This is a great recipe for the kids and the whole family you enjoy.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
450g rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 cups Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
1 medium brown onion, diced
1 bunch asparagus (8ish spears), sliced into 2cm pieces
4 tbsp chives, chopped
1tsp thyme leaves, chopped
2/3 cups of chicken stock
1/3 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 egg, whisked
1 sheet low fat puff pastry
2 tsp sesame seeds
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a deep pot, add the mushrooms, onion, asparagus, chives, thyme, salt, pepper and cook for 10 minutes until the veggies start to soften. Stir the sour cream, chicken stock, shredded chicken and breadcrumbs. Heat for 2-3 minutes or until it lightly thickens.
- Cut pastry 1cm larger than your pie dish.
- Fill the pie dish with chicken mixture. Brush the rim with egg and top with pastry. Press the edges down to seal.
- Brush the pastry with more egg, sprinkle with sea salt and sesame seeds. Place in the oven for 25 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden.