Napoletana is such a simple and easy sauce to make, and a great base to any incredible dish! From spaghetti and meatballs, to a topping on a parmigiana!
2 400g cans of crushed tomatoes
1 medium brown onion, finely diced
1 long red chilli, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp. dried oregano
6 basil leaves
1 cup water
- Heat olive oil in a deep pot over medium to high heat for 2 minutes
- Add onion, garlic and chilli and cook for 5 minutes or until onion becomes translucent, ensuring to stir constantly.
- Add crushed tomatoes and water heat for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and oregano. Leave to simmer on a low hear for 15 minutes.
- Add basil leaves and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite pasta!