BBQ COMING UP? These are my number one, super quick Mediterranean beef skewers I absolutely love to make!
They're super quick to make, and perfect for a family!
I use beef at least twice a week in my cooking because its a great source of protein, and also super versatile!
The marinade for the beef skewers is packed with flavour, making it a delicious healthy alternative that is perfect served with a fresh salad or some flat bread & Tzatziki! Yum!
Makes: 4-6 Shaslicks
600g Australian beef steaks, diced (I used eye fillet)
1 Red capsicum, cut into cubes
1 yellow capsicum, cut into cubes
1 Red onion, quartered
3 garlic cloves, crushed
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon ground paprika
2 tbsp. olive oil
4-6 bamboo or metal skewers
Lime juice squeeze (when they come off grill)
Sesame seeds as garnish
- Dice the steak in small cubes and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Add all dry spices and fresh garlic to the mixing bowl and mix through thoroughly. Leave to marinate for 1-2 hours if possible. (overnight is great!)
- Slice capsicum and onion into small cubes.
- Thread the cubes of meat onto a skewer and alternate between meat, capsicum, onion, until all ingredients are used up.
- Cook skewers on a BBQ or a grill plate for 5-10 minutes or until cooked through to your liking.
- Serve with flat bread & some Tzatziki!