These are a super soft, simple vegetarian meatball that I love! I've only cooked with tempeh a few times, but its super easy! These can be baked, but I prefer to pan fry as they take a while in the oven!
220g classic tempeh
1 brown onion
1 large garlic clove
5 mint mint
2 tbsp. chopped Parsley
¾ cup bread crumbs
2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- In a food processor, add tempeh, egg, turmeric, brown onion, garlic, mint, parsley, salt and pepper and blend until combined.
- Remove from food processor and place into a large mixing bowl. Add bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Roll the mixture into small balls. If it's too sticky, add some more bread crumb.
- On a large non stick pan, add olive oil and heat to a medium heat.
- Add veggie balls and cook until golden brown all over.
- Leave to cool, or add them to a sauce for spaghetti and "meatballs"!