I LOVE NOODLES! Seriously, noodle stir-frys are my FAVE and they’re so easy to make, - and perfect for a fresh and easy meal. I used the new Woolworths Macro Singapore Noodles for this recipe! They’re a great source of fibre and were so light and perfect for this dish.
100g Macro Singapore noodles
1 tbsp peanut oil or olive oil
1 brown onion, sliced thinly
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1/2 red capsicum
1 Birdseye chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 spring onion stalk, sliced thinly
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
10 snow peas, halved
1 small carrot, thinly sliced
5 baby corn pieces, halved
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp mirin (Japanese sweet vinegar)
- Cook or heat noodles according to packet instructions.
- In a large non stick pan, splash a small amount of olive oil and heat over a medium heat.
- Pour whisked eggs into the pan to make an omelette! cook on one side for 2 minutes and then flip. Cook for a further 1 minute and then remove and set aside.
- Add peanut oil into the pan and heat for 30 seconds.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic and chilli into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion has slowly become translucent.
- Add capsicum, baby corn, carrot and snow peas into the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until vegetables have slightly softened.
- Dice the omelette up into small bite slices pieces.
- Add the cooked noodles to the pan with egg, coriander and spring onion. Mix and heat through for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, curry powder and mirin to the pan and stir through.
- Serve with a big squeeze of lime!