Always check the label to ensure the products and ingredients in this recipe are right for your needs.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time 40-50 minutes
500g lean beef mince
10 Woolworths Free From Gluten Corn Tortillas
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1 long red chilli, deseeded and sliced
1 large brown onion, diced
700ml Macro Organic passata sauce
300ml water or gluten-free chicken stock
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cracked pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp mustard powder
10 basil leaves
1 cups of mozzarella cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a deep pot, heat olive oil over a high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, chilli into the pot and stir for 2-3 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add beef mince into the pot and using your cooking utensil, break the mince up into small pieces. Cook until all water has evaporated from the bottom of the pot.
- Once beef is cooked, add passata sauce, water, salt, pepper, oregano, mustard powder and basil leaves. Leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a deep dish, spoon a small amount of the sauce onto the bottom, edge to edge to ensure nothing sticks. Layer the Woolworths Free From Gluten Corn Tortillas on the bottom, then top with a layer of sauce and a layer of mozzarella.
- On the next layer, add more tortillas, sauce and top this time with parmesan (whilst layering, change between mozzarella and parmesan)
- Continue layering until you reach the top.
- Cover with al-foil and place into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot!