I loveeeee a good Thai dish & this is a gorgeously light weeknight dinner to whip up! PLUS the fish dressing on this one is actually amazing on ANY fish if you don't like or have access to Barramundi.. I love salmon as a great swap for Barramundi with this dressing!
Thai Baked Barramundi
2 Barramundi fillets (middle pieces)
1 carrot, peeled into long strips
1 medium cucumber, peeled into strips
1.5 cups of Chinese cabbage, shredded
1 cup red cabbage, shredded
3 radishes, sliced into thin circles
1/2 red capsicum, thinly sliced
3-4 sprigs of fresh coriander
1 tsp sesame oil
1 spring onion, sliced thinly
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 red chili, de-seeded and sliced
1 lime, juiced
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 garlic clove, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Add all ingredients under "dressing" into a small bowl and mix.
- Add carrot, cucumber, cabbage, Chinese cabbage, radishes, coriander and capsicum into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Reserve 1 tbsp of dressing to place onto your salad.
- Place two sheets of al foil down (enough to cover a single filet of fish) and place fish in the middle of the sheet.
- divide the remaining dressing between both fillets.
- Wrap tightly, ensuring no air or dressing can come out.
- Place onto a baking tray and then into the oven for 15 minutes.
- While these are cooking, dress your salad with the 1 tbsp of reserved dressing.
- Toss the salad.
- Take fish out of the oven and eat with your salad!