These sweet potato burgers are SO delicious!
They contain a new ingredient I've discovered -Textured vegetable protein! It's seriously SO COOL.
Whether you're vegan or not, this will be your new favourite burger.
Not only are the super delicious but also super easy and healthy too!
It's packed with protein and flavour, and is the perfect healthy alternative to takeaway.
I guarantee everyone will love this easy amazing recipe.
Makes: 6 patties
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
220g sweet potato, sliced into chunks
1 cup of Macro Organic Textured Vegetable Protein, dried
2 tbsp Moroccan spice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup plain flour
2-3 tbsp olive oil, for cooking
Extras (up to you!) :
Red onion, diced
Lettuce Leaves, cups
- Peel sweet potato and slice into small chunks.
- Steam the sweet potato in the microwave for 5 minutes, or until soft. Mash once soft and set aside.
- Add the textured protein to a bowl and pour 1 cup of boiling water over the top. Place a plate over the bowl to keep the steam in! Leave to sit for 5-10 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the vegetable protein, mashed sweet potato, Moroccan spice, salt and plain flour. Mix well (I use my hands so it binds well!). and shape into small patties.
- On a large non stick frying pan, heat olive oil over a medium to high heat. Cook patties for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until lightly golden brown.
- Serve on a lettuce leaf, with some avocado, red onion and a big squeeze of lime! (This is up to you as to how you'd like to serve, but these are just my favourites!)