I’ll admit, I am the biggest garlic lover.. and I can sometimes add a little too much, however, this steak salad with garlic & chive yoghurt dressing has just the right amount. I used @yoproau as the dressing because when you have steak, sometimes it needs a creamy dressing but I didn’t want all the extra sugars, and #YoPRO is high in protein which is GREAT! This recipe will make your mouth water..
Cook time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Steak salad with a garlic & chive-yoghurt dressing
350g sirloin steak
1 large red tomatoes, diced
2 handfuls of rocket
1 avocado, diced
60g YoPRO plain yoghurt
1 ripe avocado, sliced thickly
2 tbsp. flaked almonds
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp chives, finely sliced
1 tsp dried oregano
pinch of salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp. olive oil
- Coat steak with salt, pepper and 1 garlic clove. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix 1 garlic clove, the YoPRO yoghurt, chives and a small pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- On a large grill plate, heat olive oil over a high heat. Once the grill plate is hot, add the meat and cook to your liking. (3 minutes on each side for medium, 4 minutes on each side for well done).
- In a large mixing bowl, add rocket, tomato, avocado, and a large dollop of the yoghurt dressing. If you need more, add more! Season with a small pinch of salt.
- Slice steak into thin strips and add it to the salad. Mix through.