This was my FAVE thing to make with mum when I was little! I loved eating the ham and mushrooms once they were cooked before the cream goes in, it tastes so good!!
Pasta, to serve 4
10 button mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 brown onion, diced
450g leg Ham, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
300ml heavy cream
1/2 cup stock
1 tbsp fresh Parsley, chopped
2 tbsp. Parmesan (more to sprinkle on top!)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- In a deep pan, splash olive oil and heat over medium to high heat.
- Once hot, add onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion becomes translucent. Continue to stir while cooking.
- Add mushrooms and ham, cook for 10 minutes or until all the water has evaporated. (I cook mine for a little longer, until the ingredients have lightly browned)
- Add stock, cream, parsley, parmesan, salt and pepper. Bring to a slow boil.
- Taste here, if you need more salt or pepper - add it now!
- Leave to simmer and thicken for 10-15 minutes on a low heat.
- Serve with cooked pasta and a sprinkle of parmesan on top!