Everyone loves a meal prep, this is a take on chicken & rice made amazing!! I used Yopro yoghurt for a dressing because I wanted a healthier and lighter option, that doesn’t skip on flavour!
Cook time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
450g chicken breast, sliced into strips
1 tbsp. onion powder
2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp ground all spice
pinch of cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. sesame seeds
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. honey
1 cup basmati rice, cooked
1 broccoli head, cut into florets
1 small tub of Yo-Pro lemon yoghurt
¼ tsp cumin
1 small hanful of rocket
1 tsp lemon juice
2 lemon wedges to serve
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the onion powder, thyme, all spice, cinnamon, salt, cayenne pepper, honey, water and 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Add chicken strips to the bowl and mix thoroughly. Leave to marinate for an hour or more.
- Prepare a grill pan with a 1 tbsp. of olive oil for medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken on the pan for 3 mins each side or until cooked through. Once cooked, Sprinkle sesame seeds and set aside to rest for 5 mins.
- In the same pan, add broccoli and season with salt and pepper. Cook to your liking.
- In a small mixing bowl, add yopro yoghurt with ¼ tsp cumin, lemon, salt and pepper (to taste).
- Divide rice among two microwave safe meal prep containers. Top with chicken, cooked broccoli and lemon slices. Keep dressing aside, and when warming, pour it all over!