These Chocolate cookies.. I tell you what.. are so damn yum. AND they're especially great for when Santa comes. If you're going to put out the cookies for Santa, they may as well be some DELICIOUS cookies that you will absolutely love too. Or.. you know.. don't put them out for Santa at all.. I won't judge if you keep them for yourself 🤷🏼♀️😂
Easy to make, quick to cook, super soft, super delicious & absolutely worth sprinkling some crushed candy canes on top!!
Just wait until you smell your kitchen after cooking these! Let's get baking 🔽
Serves: 10 Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup self-raising flour
1/4 cup raw cacao
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup choc chips
Crushed candy canes
Christmas coloured sprinkles or frosting
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Using a hand-held beater, beat butter and sugar together. until combined (or a crumbly appearance)
3. Add egg and vanilla essence and continue to beat. Add sifted flour, cacao, baking soda and salt and continue to mix through.
4. Remove beater (lick the spoon!) and fold in the chocolate chips.
5. On a lined baking tray, spoon out a few tablespoons of the mixture into your hand a roll into a ball (it will be sticky!).
6. Press down lightly onto the lined baking tray, but spread them a good distance apart as they will expand in the oven.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Careful not to overcook otherwise they won't be soft!
8. When they're done (and still warm!), sprinkle your crushed candy canes or Christmas sprinkles on-top. If not, and you'd like to spread frosting on them.. wait for them to cool down completely before spreading it on!