This Greek Style Roast Capsicum & Garlic is super easy and delicious as a snack or side. It'll stay fresh in the fridge for 4-6 weeks. Super quick and won't take more than 10 minutes to prepare.
4 large red capsicums
1/2 tsp salt
3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
1/2 cup rice bran oil (or more, if needed)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (or more, if needed)
- Preheat grill to 200 degrees (or a high setting)
- De-seed capsicums and remove the remaining membrane.
- Half capsicums, and place on a lined baking tray skin side up
- Splash a small amount of olive oil over the top and place under the grill for 10 minutes, or until the skins have begun to blacken.
- Remove from grill and place capsicums into a plastic bag and tie a knot in the top of the bag, ensuring no air can escape. This will help steam the capsicums and assist in removing the skin. Leave to steam for 15 minutes.
- Take capsicums out of plastic bag and remove the skin by pealing from edge to edge.
- Place capsicums into a container and fill with olive oil and rice bran oil. Depending on the size of your container, you may need more or a little less.
- Add salt and garlic into the container and give it a stir.
- Place in the fridge and eat whenever!