Now that December has rolled around.. you all may be wondering just how festive will Leah get.. will I be a Christmas Angel? Your Modern-day Santa? The Queen of Gift-Giving? The answer is ALL OF THEM 💃🏼💃🏼
This year, I'm going to be counting down to something SPECIAL. And today, we're kicking off this epic Christmas series with a beautifully golden, glistening DELICIOUS Orange Glazed Christmas Ham!
You are absolutely going to LOVE this one!! 🎄
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 1/2 hours
6-8kg leg ham, bone in
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely grated
1 cup orange jam
1⁄2 cup soy sauce
2-3 star anise
1⁄2 cup apple juice
1. Preheat the oven to 150C.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the ham. Remove the skin by sliding your fingers between the rind and the fat. You want to keep some of the fat, so peel back the skin carefully.
3. Score the fat in a criss-cross pattern down, but try not to go any deeper than the fat layer. Place onto a lined baking tray, lay flat side down.
4. In a small pot, add ginger with a small splash of olive oil over a medium heat. Cook for one minute before adding orange jam, soy sauce, star anise and apple juice . Bring ingredients to a simmer for10 minutes.
5. Generously brush the ham all over with glaze and bake for 2 1/2 hours, brushing with more glaze every 30 minutes.
6. Remove the ham from the oven and carve.