WOW! This recipe was super delicious and SO filling. This recipe is by @elle__maree. This recipe started as her mums recipe and she wanted to make it more filling so she added the sweet potato and chickpeas - and it sure is amazing!
Cook time: 1 hours
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 6-8 chicken thigh fillets, excess fat removed
- 1x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, sliced into thick rounds
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 x 400g can apricot nectar
- 2 tbsp French onion soup mix
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock powder
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- cup of water
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Rice to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large oven safe pot, heat olive oil in the pot over a medium to high heat. Add chicken thigh to the pot and lightly brown, coating the chicken with a small pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes, apricot nectar, chicken stock, fresh onion soup powder and the vegetable stock powder into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add sweet potato to the mix and cover.
- Transfer the pot into the oven to cook for 1 hour. Check on the mixture every 30 minutes to ensure mixture isn't too thick.
- Remove mixture from the oven and place back on the stove.
- Add chickpeas, spinach, salt and pepper. Stir for 5 minutes to allow spinach to wilt.
- Serve with rice!