I LOVE POWER BOWLS! Instead of rice, I swapped for Macro Australian Bulgar Wheat, only at @woolworths_au which is a source of fibre and protein! The best thing is....all you need to do is soak it in boiling water for 10 minutes and drain...so no water ratios need to be guessed here haha!! This recipe is perfect for a dinner party because you can prep all the ingredients (plus more!) and everyone can choose to make their own bowls, meaning EVERYONE is happy (including the kiddos!). If you wanted, you could add some chickpeas, shredded chicken or some cooked beef strips!
Mexican Spiced Grain Bowl:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
½ cup canned Corn
½ cup canned Black Beans, drained and rinsed
2 large Kale leaves, sliced thinly
1 Avocado, sliced
3/4 cup Macro Organic Bulgur Wheat, uncooked
3-4 Fresh cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato passata sauce
Pinch of Salt
¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 small Garlic, crushed
Fresh Coriander, optional
Chipotle Yoghurt dressing:
¼ cup Macro Organic Greek Yoghurt
1-2 tsp chipotle spice
Lime juice, to taste
1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- In a small pan, heat a splash of olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Cook bulgur according to packet instructions.
- Make the “dressing” and set aside.
- Add black beans, salt, pepper, garlic, and the passata sauce and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- In a bowl arrange the bulgar, corn, beans, kale, avocado and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle the chipotle sauce over the top.