Typically, I put 5-6 meatballs, 1/2 cup of brown rice and 1 cup of broccoli florrets into one container, but this can be changed to suit you!
500g Lean Beef Mince (uncooked)
1/2 Zucchini, grated finely
½ brown onion, grated finely
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp mint, finely chopped
¼ cup carrot, finely grated (1 small carrot)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
1 tbsp. olive oil
NAP SAUCE (either store bought or you can DIY!)
2 400g can of crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup of Pasaata sauce
1/2 cup water
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 brown onion, diced
1/4 teaspoon of dried chilli flakes
3 Basil leaves, chopped
Sprinkle of salt and pepper
1.5 cups brown rice, cooked
1 large broccoli head, cut into florets
- Add mince, zucchini, carrot, onion, garlic, mint, eggs, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and parsley to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Once mixed thoroughly, place mix in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Using roughly a tablespoon of mixture at a time, roll the mixture into small balls.
- Into a deep saucepan, heat olive oil over high heat. Add garlic, onion, chilli and leave to simmer until the onion is translucent.
- Place the crushed tomatoes and Passata sauce and mix through.
- Add salt, pepper and oregano to taste.
- Begin adding in the *raw meatballs and give them a good stir to heat through.
- Cover with a lid and simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes. Check every 5 or so minutes to give them another good stir.
- On a small frying pan, splash with olive oil and heat to a medium heat. Add broccoli florrets and cook to your liking.
- Divide the meatballs, brown rice and broccoli to three containers. Any left over meatballs can be frozen to make this meal again! (you're going to want too!!)
If you LOVE this recipe, like I know you will...Please come share it with me! Share pictures with me, or even let me know what you'd like to see next!
Love Leah x