This lemon and herb chicken is super delicious and perfect for an easy, light dinner.
Serves 2 (one breast each)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 brown onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp lemon rind
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Rice to serve
- 10 asparagus spears, bottoms cut off
- In a large mixing bowl add lemon rind, garlic, chilli, parsley, turmeric, butter, salt and pepper and 2 tbsp olive oil. Mix well.
- Add chicken to the mixture and coat well. Leave in the fridge to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- On a large pan, splash 1 tbsp. olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add asparagus and onion to the pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes or until asparagus has softened and onion is translucent.
- Take asparagus out of the pan and place 1 tbsp of butter into the pan.
- Cook chicken breast for 6-7 minutes on each side, or until completely cooked though (make sure to cut open to check!)
- Leave to rest for 2-3 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with rice & Asparagus mixture.