If you want to know how to make the perfect caesar salad then look no further!
Often caesar salads are drenched in rich and heavy dressing but I want to show that it can still be delicious, crunchy and creamy all while being fresh and healthy.
I've even made the caesar salad dressing gluten free so everyone can enjoy it! Yay!
Plus, did I mention this recipe is incredibly quick and easy to make? You'll be enjoying this tasty salad in 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Dietary Info: Gluten Free (if using GF bread)
Tip: For something different, try delicious fresh or smoked salmon instead of chicken.
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices sourdough, ciabatta or gluten free bread
- Spray olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp (20ml) lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp (20ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60g) whole egg mayonnaise
- ¼ cup (60g) light sour cream
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 2 baby cos lettuce, trimmed and quartered
- 2 cups (300g) sliced roast chicken
- shaved parmesan cheese to serve
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add 2 eggs straight from the fridge and boil for 8 minutes for soft boil. Remove from the heat and run under cold water until cool enough to peel.
- Preheat the grill/broiler. Spray the bread on both sides with oil and sprinkle with salt. Toast under the grill for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until crisp.
- To make the dressing – place the Dijon, Mayo,garlic, lemon juice, water, and sour cream in a bowl and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 4 quarters of lettuce in each bowl, top with chicken, an egg, prosciutto, croutons and parmesan shavings. Serve with the Caesar dressing.