This is a super simple, delicious and light grilled chicken and vegetable salad! This would be one of those yummy salads you can take to a BBQ! It's not a traditional "salad" but it sure has a great serving of veggies!
1x 400g can of artichokes
2 zucchinis, sliced lengthways into strips
1 bunch asparagus (8ish spears)
2 cups of broccoli florets
1/4 cup pepita seeds
1 chicken breast, sliced into strips
Salt and pepper
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp coriander, chopped finely
- Halve artichokes and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large grill plate with 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium to high heat. Add chicken and cook until completely cooked through.
- Add a touch more olive oil and lay the artichokes face down onto the pan and cook until lightly browned.
- Add a touch more oil and lay the zucchini strips down flat. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Add asparagus into the pan with the broccoli florets and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly tender.
- Add all vegetables and chicken into a bowl and sprinkle pepita seeds over the top.
- In a small bowl, mi together all ingredients under "dressing" and pour half over the salad. Mix well. If you think it needs more dressing, add it!