Another Yiayia recipe that is AMAZING! Super easy, perfect for meal prep with a bit of extra protein!
1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
1 brown onion – finely diced
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 bunch of English spinach leaves, roughly chopped
1⁄4 cup Long Grain Rice
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
Salt And Pepper To Taste
1 Cup Water (Add More If Needed)
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and place over a medium to high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and chilli to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until onion becomes translucent.
- Add rice to the pot and stir until it is mixed through.
- Add tomato paste, and spinach leaves and stir to slightly wilt the leaves
- Add water and cover with a lid.
- Check after 10mins and add a touch more water if needed and cook further until rice is tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Hope you LOVE this recipe!