This is another one from my yiayia!
It's a traditional greek dish, best served on its own with a sprinkle of feta (My favourite!!)
Some people say Fasolikia and others say Fasolia but either way this easy greek bean and potato recipe is super delicious.
It's the perfect quick dinner idea and is also an amazing leftover for work lunches.
Plus, it's healthy! YAY!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 brown onion, diced finely
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 long red chilli, deseeded and chopped
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil
8 baby potatoes, peeled and halved
400g string beans, tips and tails cut
1 cup crushed tomato
1.5 cup vegetable stock or water
- In a deep pot, heat olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, chilli and parsley into the pot and stir for 3-4 minutes, or until onion becomes translucent.
- Add tomato paste and stir for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and string beans and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and water (or veggie stock) and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 10-20 minutes or until your veggies are cooked through. If mixture is too runny, take out veggies and leave it on a high heat to thicken, then throw veggies back in.
- For more flavour, serve with feta!
Hope you love this recipe! If you do, don't forget to SHARE it with your friends!
Love, Leah x