This is another one from my yiayia! It's a traditional greek dish, best served on its own with a sprinkle of feta (my fave!)
1 brown onion, diced finely
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 long red chilli, deseeded and chopped
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil
8 baby potatoes, peeled and halved
400g string beans, tips and tails cut
1 cup crushed tomato
1.5 cup vegetable stock or water
- In a deep pot, heat olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, chilli and parsley into the pot and stir for 3-4 minutes, or until onion becomes translucent.
- Add tomato paste and stir for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and string beans and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and water (or veggie stock) and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 10-20 minutes or until your veggies are cooked through. If mixture is too runny, take out veggies and leave it on a high heat to thicken, then throw veggies back in.
- For more flavour, serve with feta!
Hope you love this recipe! If you do, don't forget to SHARE it with your friends!
Love, Leah x