This recipe makes BULK dumplings! I made around 50 with the ingredients, so if you're making for a family this recipe is perfect, but you can always half the ingredients to make less.
3 spring onions, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
2 cups Chinese cabbage, finely chopped
1/2 long red chilli, finely chopped
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
500g chicken mince
50 x dumpling wrappers
- Heat a non stick pan over high heat. Add sesame oil and heat for 30 seconds.
- Add garlic, spring onions, ginger, chilli and Chinese cabbage into the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the cabbage is completely wilted and cooked through.
- Add soy sauce to the pan and stir through.
- Take mixture out of the pan and leave to cool down.
- Combine cabbage mixture with the chicken mince and begin filling the dumpling wrappers!
- Place around 1 tbsp of filling into the middle of the dumpling wrapper. Dip your finger in a bowl of water and run it around the edge of the dumpling, this helps it close easily! Fold the dumpling in half. Pinch the wrapper together in the middle.
- Use your opposite thumps to fold a tiny pleat on either side of the dumpling, then press down firmly to seal it closed. If they're not closing, you may need a little touch of water.
- Repeat with all of the mixture.
- Using a steamer, steam the dumplings for 20 minutes. Serve with Soy or chilli sauce!