This soup is AMAZING in winter because its super filling and the delicious the spices will keep you warm inside!
- 1.5 kg sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 large onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 8 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 bunch of coriander, chopped
- 400ml coconut cream
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp. curry powder
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add oil to the pan. Add onion, garlic and curry powder and cook for 10 minutes or until onions begin to brown. Add curry paste and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add stock, carrot and sweet potato to the pan and continue to cook for a further 30 minutes or until sweet potato is soft.
- Cool for a few minutes and then begin to puree mixture. This can be done in a regular blender or with a stick blender.
- Once blended, add back into the pot and add salt pepper and coriander to taste.
- Add baby spinach, coconut cream and fresh coriander and leave for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot! Or freeze in batches for a rainy day.