Oh my goodness. So gnocchi is AMAZING by itself, but adding pesto to it will just blow your mind!
500g fresh potato gnocchi
1 cup light thickened cream
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, halved
150g chargrilled capsicum, sliced into strips
100g baby spinach
5 button mushrooms, sliced
1 brown onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
2 tbsp basil pesto
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cook gnocchi according to packet instructions.
- In a deep pan, heat olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Add brown onion, garlic and chilli into the pan and cook for 4 minutes or until onion turns translucent.
- Add mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and chargrilled capsicums into the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms have cooked through.
- Add thickened cream, basil pesto, salt and pepper and leave to cook for 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Add cooked gnocchi into the pan and stir through.
- Pour gnocchi mixture into a deep baking tray and sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake int he oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top.