ANOTHER CHRISTMAS MEAL! How great is christmas? Seriously, you get to eat, spend time with your family and begin to enjoy the holidays. It makes me SO HAPPY!! But not as happy as mitch's face when he saw this pork roll HAHA He goes ""Leah, Why have you NEVER made me this? It's ALL my favourite things rolled up in my other favourite thing"" haha safe to say he ate the WHOLE THING as soon as it came out of the oven!!
Cook time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
1 large pork tenderloin
10 button mushrooms, sliced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
9 short cut bacon pieces, diced
Salt & Pepper to taste
Small handful of parsley
Small handful of fresh basil
Small handful of fresh thyme
½ cup Free From Gluten Bread Crumbs
1 tbsp Gluten Free Worcestershire sauce
Olive oil, for cooking
¼ cup Gluten free chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cut any excess fat off your tenderloin. Make a slice down the middle of the tenderloin, but stop before you cut it in half completely (you want them to still be attached). Open the two halves like a butterfly and place a sheet of baking paper over the top. Using a meat cleaver, pound the meat until it’s around 1cm thick. Salt and pepper the meat.
- In a small deep pan, heat a splash of olive oil over a medium to high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, bacon, parsley, basil, thyme, salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes or until mushrooms have softened and the bacon is crispy.
- Add breadcrumbs and worcestershire sauce into the pan and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add mixture onto the pork and begin to roll tightly (you want to roll the longer side!) once you meet the other side, secure with toothpicks.
- In a large pan, splash olive oil and heat to a medium heat. Sear the pork roll all over and then place into an oven safe dish.
- Add chicken stock into the dish and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove toothpicks and slice with a sharp knife. Slice and serve!