These Chicken Teriyaki Bowls are super delicious!
I love this recipe. It's such a yummy yet still incredibly healthy & easy dinner, lunch or meal prep idea.
Plus, this chicken recipe is also super kid friendly & an amazing meal that the whole family can enjoy.
Simply pair the chicken with broccoli and rice, & you're done!
Serves: 2 - 3
Prep Time: 1-2 hours
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 small chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tbsp organic honey
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 spring onion stalk, sliced thinly
- 1 small broccoli head, cut into small florrets
- 1 cup of basmati rice, uncooked and rinsed
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 whole all spice balls
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Place ginger, soy sauce, garlic, oyster sauce, honey and chilli flakes into a large bowl and mix.
- Add the chicken to the bowl of marinade and let it sit for 1-2 hours to marinate.
- In a small pot, heat olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Add brown onion, whole cloves and all spice into the pot and cook until onion becomes translucent.
- Add rinsed basmati rice and stir for 30 seconds. Add chicken stock and stir. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a light simmer and put a timer on for 15 minutes.
- In a large non stick pan, cook chicken in batches until golden and cooked through. In the last batch, throw in the broccoli florrets and cook until cooked to your liking.
- Build your bowl! Divide the rice, broccoli and chicken and sprinkle with spring onions and sesame seeds as a topping.