VEGAN NACHOS! It may be the end of World Vegan Month but nachos are always a good idea! Nutritional Yeast is typically used in Vegan or Vegetarian dishes to give that 'cheesy' flavour and you can now find Macro Nutritional Yeast Flakes in the health foods aisle at @woolworth_au! This yummmmmyy creamy sauce is PERFECT for Mexican type dishes like this one. Poured over the chips, topped with salsa and the almighty guac...you've got PERFECT Vegan nachos that everyone will love :)
Ready in: 10 minutes
- 1 x 400g tinned butter beans
- ¼ cup soaked cashews
- 1 cup sweet potato, steemed
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup almond milk (more if needed)
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
Tomato Salsa (tomato, black beans, corn, coriander, lime)
- In a high powered blender, add butter beans, cashews, sweet potato, garlic, salt, pepper almond milk and nutritional yeast. This is your cheesy sauce! Taste, if you think it needs more of a cheesy flavour, add more nutritional yeast.
- If having the additions, line a baking tray and pour the sauce over the corn chips. Add the salsa on top and place into the oven under the grill for 5 minutes.
- Top with guac and you’re good to go!