It's getting colder here which means...it's soup season!!
I love meal prepping my soups in big batches so I can freeze for a super simple and easy meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
5 cups of vegetable/chicken stock
1 large cauliflower head, sliced into florets
1 large brown onion, quartered
3-5 garlic cloves, whole (up to you how garlicky you'd like it!)
3 medium white potatoes, diced
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (or any melty cheese you like!)
1/2 cup gouda cheese (or any melty cheese you like!)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Coat the cauliflower florets with thyme, salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix well to coat all the florets. Place onto a lined baking tray (or two!) and add the garlic cloves (whole!) onto the tray. Place into the oven for 30 minutes or until lightly golden.
- In a deep pot, heat a small splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes until it begins to soften. Add the potatoes, cooked cauliflower, garlic and mix well.
- Pour in the chicken stock and cover for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Using a stick blender (or a normal blender), blend the soup until your desired consistency.
- Place the soup back In the pot over a low heat. Add the cheese and stir to melt.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve!