This is SOOO different - but seriously tastes AMAZING! We used @ooborganic blueberries and they're such good quality, organic (which means no nasties, no fuss + save the planet!) this blueberries are seriously delicious and they are PERFECT in anything from smoothies to on the pan and savoury dishes like these!
3 cups of OOB frozen blueberries
1/2 a medium brown onion, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp olive oil
1/8 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. worchestshire sauce
1/4 tsp mustard powder
- In a small pan, heat olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Add onion and garlic into the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add blueberries and ALL other ingredients.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly to ensure that it does not burn. If it needs a little more liquid, add a touch of water.
- Once thickened slightly, remove from heat and leave to slightly cool.
- Place into a blender and blend until a smooth consistency.
- Place into an airtight container and pop into the fridge!
- Serve with steak, chicken or any other savoury dish.