CHRISTMAS HAM! Do you guys LOVE a Christmas ham like me? I swear, they are the most satisfying thing to make EVER becuase they just get more and more beautiful as it comes out the oven haha. I've partnered with @woolworthsau for this recipe and got my SAME DAY DELIVERY groceries and I was so pumped haha! If you order before 1pm in the month of december and have a minimum spend of $50, you can get your groceries the same day! Makes that Christmas shopping much easier when it can come to you, instead of you trying to find a park for an hour am i righttttt!! haha. MAKE THIS HAM THIS CHRISTMAS!
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ham. Remove the skin by sliding your fingers between the rind and the fat. You want to keep some of the fat, so peel back the skin carefully.
- Score the fat in a criss-cross pattern down, but try not to go any deeper than the fat layer. Place onto a lined baking tray, lay flat side down.
- In a small pot, add ginger and chilli with a small splash of olive oil over a medium heat. Cook for one minute before adding black berry jam, soy sauce, star anise and apple juice . Bring ingredients to a simmer for10 minutes.
- Generously brush the ham all over with glaze and bake for 2 1/2 hours, brushing with more glaze every 30 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven and carve.