These Barbecue Honey Chicken Rice Bowls are packed with flavour and are a super light and delicious dinner.
- 450g chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground all spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup basmati rice, cooked
- 1 broccoli head, cut into florrets
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced into strips
- 2 lemon wedges
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the onion powder, thyme, all spice, cinnamon, salt, cayenne pepper, honey and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add chicken strips to the bowl and mix throughly. Leave to marinate for an hour or more.
- Prepare a grill pan with a 1 tbsp of olive oil for medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken on the pan for for 3 mins each side or until cooked through. Set aside to rest for 5 mins.
- In the same pan, add broccoli and season with salt and pepper. Cook to your liking.
- Divide rice and avocado among 2 bowls. Top with chicken, cooked broccoli and lemon slices.