This Bacon and Pesto Pasta is the best thing ever!
It's super healthy and delicious but also really quick and easy to make.
I love making this for dinner to share with the family and it's also very kid-friendly.
Plus, it's perfect as leftovers for work-lunches.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Spaghetti, to serve 2 (250g)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small brown onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 small red chilli, deseeded and sliced
4 slices of shortcut bacon rashers, sliced in thin strips
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
2-3 tbsp homemade pesto
1 cup rocket
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan to a medium to high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, chilli and bacon to the pan and cook for 5-7minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and cook until they have begun to soften (3-4 minutes)
- Add cooked pasta to the pan and stir through the pesto. Add rocket and mix until it begins to lightly wilt.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.