I love this easy pizza recipe. The combination of the asparagus, ham and cheese make the perfect homemade pizza toppings. Plus, the pitta bread pizza base is nice and light, making it the best healthy pizza! Just pile up the toppings, put it in the oven and enjoy.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
2 pita breads, oiled
4 asparagus spears, peeled
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
4 slices of ham off the bone, roughly teared
2 tbsp. balsamic glaze, to drizzle
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Pinch of chilli flakes
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. On a small pan, heat over a medium to high heat.
3. Place oiled pita bread and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side to slightly crisp up. This isn’t a
necessary step, but stops it becoming soggy in the oven.
4. Add cooked pitas to a lined baking tray and evenly divide the mozzarella, parmesan, ham and
5. Add a small pinch of salt, pepper and chilli flakes to each pizza.
6. Place into the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
7. Drizzle balsamic glaze over each of the pizzas.