Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 bunch asparagus (6-7 spears)
15 cherry tomatoes, left whole
2 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons basil pesto
1-2 cups rocket
2 cups penne, uncooked
Olive oil, for cooking
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Set aside.
- On a lined baking tray, add asparagus, tomatoes, garlic and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place into the oven for 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes have begun to burst.
- Chop asparagus spears into small bite size pieces and add into a bowl with the tomato, garlic and cherry tomatoes. Add in cooked pasta and pesto. Mix well to ensure the pasta is covered with the pesto!
- Add the rocket, season with salt, pepper and mix. Eat warm or cold.
Tips: Swap rocket for baby spinach or penne for a spiral pasta for something different!
Alternatives: You can also add some shredded roast chicken in the salad for some extra protein.