Apricot chicken is a family favourite! If you haven't tried this combo, you need too!
Apricot chicken is one that initially I was concerned with, but after trying it I was pleasantly surprised with the taste and absolutely loved how soft the chicken is.
Quick easy and delicious dinner that you can make in under an hour!
Cook time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4-5 chicken thigh fillets, excess fat removed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 x 400g can apricot halves in juice (low sugar)
- 2 tbsp French onion soup mix
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- Cracked pepper (to taste)
- In a large pot, heat olive oil in the pot over a medium to high heat. Add chicken thigh to the pot and lightly brown, coating the chicken with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic into the pot and stir for 2 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add apricot halves and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomaotes, chicken stock and fresh onion soup powder. Add chicken thigh and bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. Add a lid and leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and allow the mixture to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred using two forks. Pour apricot sauce over the top and mix through. Add as much as you think you need to coat the chicken.
- Serve with rice and broccoli.