APPLE and WALNUT ENERGY BITES! You guys said more snacks, and whats a better snack then something sweet that you can quickly grab and go! This recipe is made with delicious Aussie Apples, which are AMAZING as a snack by themselves, but even better in energy balls for the added texture! These are Gluten Free, Dairy free and Absolutely delicious!
Makes: 12-14 balls (depending on size)
- 1.5 cups of walnuts
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 apple, cored
- 1.5 cups of desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Place walnuts, apple, vanilla essence, maple, water, almond meal, half of the coconut and dried apricots into a food processor.
2. Blend this mixture for 2-3 minutes or until it has come together.
3. Take a small about of this mixture into the palm of your hand and roll into a small
4. Repeat until all the mixture is gone!
5. Roll each ball in the remaining desiccated coconut.
6. Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes before eating! These can last up to a week in the fridge (if they last that long in your house....certainly not mine!!)