CRISPY PORK BELLY....in the airfryer?! YES PLEASE! Honestly you guys, you can hear that crackle! It's seriously delicious and isn't dry at all. It cooks perfectly every. single. time. Thank you to @philipshomeliving for partnering with me on this (and let's just thank them for making the incredible Airfryer XXL with Smart Sensing Technology while we’re at it hahaha) you guys are going to LOVE this recipe!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
1kg pork belly
1 tbsp salt flakes
1/2 tbsp smokey paprika
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tbsp mustard powder
- Pat pork belly dry using a paper towel.
- Using a small knife, score the top of the pork belly into a diamond pattern, you don't need to go super deep.
- Combine the spice mixture into a small bowl and evenly coat the pork belly on both sides.
- If you love a salty pork belly, add a little more salt flakes on top of the pork.
- Place the pork on top of a sheet of foil, and fold the sides of the foil upwards, to create a 'plate' for the pork to sit on, ensuring no liquid will be able to escape. The top of the pork should be able to be seen, do not cover this.
- Place into the Air fryer basket on 165 degrees celsius for 30 minutes. Open the basket an ensure there is some liquid in the bottom of the foil (keeping the underside tender). Increase the heat to 185 for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pork belly out from the air fryer, and if you'd like to leave it here then do so, or if you want a little more crispy, remove from the foil and add the entire pork belly back into the air fryer for 5 minutes on 180 degrees celsius.