These chicken lettuce cups are hiding some sneaky veggies inside - and your partner won't even notice! This is a great option if you're wanting a light dinner :)
1 brown onion, diced
1 long red chilli, sliced thinly and deseeded
1 zucchini, finely diced
5 button mushrooms, finely diced
500g chicken mince
150g string beans, tips and tails off and halved
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 garlic, crushed
1 tbsp oyster sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 lime, juiced
10 cos lettuce leafs, washed
1 tbsp. olive oil
Japanese Mayonaise to serve
- On a non-stick pan, heat olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and chilli into the pan and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and zucchini and leave to cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add chicken mince into the pan and begin to break up with small pieces using a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 5-7minutes.
- Add beans to the pan and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce, lime and soy sauce and stir to ensure the flavour is evenly spread.
- Spoon some mixture into the lettuce cup. If you would like, squeeze a small amount of Japanese mayo for some extra flavour.