IT’S DAY THREEEE! Recipe heaven over here haha! Who doesn't LOVE an easy weeknight bowl for dinner? And even better, who doesn't love a meal that you can prep in advance and have waiting in the freezer for you to grab and prep in 10! I’m using the fabulous @birdseye Spring veg mix and I’ll tell ya….frozen veg is where it's at for convenience, ease and simplicity in your day! The @birdseyeau are snap frozen to lock in the taste and natural vitamins & minerals! Seriously, grab a bag when you’re next at the shops and whip this meal up for the family - everyone will LOVE you for it!
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
1 large chicken breast, sliced lengthways into schnitzels
1 cup panko bread crumbs
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 small red chili, chopped
1cm ginger, grated
1 large garlic, crushed
1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
2 cups birds eye seasonal veg, defrosted
Spray oil, for cooking
2 tsp soy sauce, for veggies
1 cup basmati rice, uncooked and washed
2 cups chicken stock
2 balls allspice
3 whole cloves
½ brown onion, diced
- To make the rice, In a medium pot, heat a small touch of butter or spray oil over medium heat. Add brown onion, whole cloves and all spice and cook until lightly softened. Add washed rice, and chicken stock.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a light simmer and put a timer on for 15 minutes. Remove once timer goes off.
- Meanwhile, add soy sauce, chilli, ginger, garlic and sesame seeds into a bowl and mix well. Dip chicken breast pieces in here and coat well (if you can, marinade for 2-3 hours!).
- Once dipped in the soy sauce, place the chicken into the panko crumbs to coat completely.
- In a nonstick pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken pieces into the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden, and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat another pan with spray oil over medium heat. Add the frozen veggies and cook for 3-4 minutes, until warmed through. Add soy sauce and stir to coat well.
- Serve with rice, chicken sliced and veggies!