In those days where you're running around like crazy at work or have major hunger pains, snacks are your best friend!
BUT you don't want just any plain old snack.
You want filling, energising and high protein snacks that will keep you going all the way until your next meal!
Plus, they also have to be 100% healthy and delicious (of course!!) and perfect to enjoy before or after a workout, on the go or at work.
Think it's too much to ask of one tiny snack?
Because I've got 5 protein-packed snacks that are not only going to keep you full between meals but so damn tasty! You'll be loving every bite.
AND I even have vegan options for all my vegans friends. YAY!
These 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter and Chocolate Truffles are like little drops of heaven!
Peanut butter is an amazing source of protein and healthy fats BUT tastes even better with dates and chocolate - it's ridiculous!!
This is the perfect quick and easy recipe for when you're getting those killer chocolate cravings.
In not time at all, you'll be enjoying these raw healthy sweet treats and saying goodbye to the work cookie jar!
Makes: 10 dates
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Freeze Time: 5 - 10 minutes
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- Cut the dates in half, lengthways. Using a small spread of peanut butter, spread between the dates.
- Dip the date in the melted chocolate and then rest on a lined baking tray. Repeat until all dates are filled with peanut butter and coated in chocolate.
- Place freezer for 5 - 10 minutes or until set.
- Eat! Yum!
This creamy Vanilla Chia pudding will keep your tastebuds and your tummy super happy.
Light, refreshing but super filling!
This recipe is packed with chia seeds, which are another great source of healthy fats and proteins - aka no more hunger pains and plenty of energy.
Plus, I have a special little trick that super creamy and smooth!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Fridge Time: 2-3 hours
- 1/4 cup white chia seeds (can use black!)
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice!)
- 2 tbsp. vanilla yoghurt
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 fresh strawberries
- + more fresh (or frozen) berries to top with!
- Into a small bowl, add chia seeds, almond milk, yoghurt, honey and vanilla extract
- Stir WELL, as you don't want the chia to be sticking together.
- Cover, and leave in the fridge overnight (or for 3+ hours). After two hours, give it another stir to ensure it's all mixing through.
- Into a blender, add the chia mixture (It should be thick by now!) and the fresh strawberries.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes, until your desired consistency.
I'm sure you're already aware of that almonds are amazing source of healthy fats.
BUT did you know they're also packed with fibre??
This combo means you'll stay fuller for longer and less likely to crave any quick sugar fixes!
How cool is that??
Plus, I'm about to take you're love for almonds to the next level because this recipe makes them pop with flavour and spice and all things nice!
You won't want to share.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 500g Almonds
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Into a large bowl, add almonds, olive oil and the dry spices. Mix well to ensure they're all coated. Pour onto a lined baking tray.
- Place into the oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool and then store in a air tight container.
Everyone loves a classic banana smoothie but this one is NEXT LEVEL!
I've created it to give you a big sustained burst of energy, so you can keep powering through your day.
The coconut, nut butter, frozen banana and vanilla protein powder are going to give you all the healthy carbs, fats and proteins you need!
So basically it's nothing short of a super smoothie.
PLUS, it is so damn yummy and delicious - don't be surprised if you get a little addicted.
Prep Time: 1-2 minutes
- 1 cup of OOB frozen banana
- 25g vanilla protein
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tsp honey
- handful of ice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend all ingredients together until a smooth consistency.
Don't be fouled by the name! These muffins ain't just for breakfast.
They're packed with the protein, good fats and nutrients of eggs to give you all the energy you need to power through the day.
Plus, they're the perfect recipe to get in an extra tasty serve of veggies. YAY!
I love making a big batch and having them ready to go for when those 3pm hunger pains start playing up.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ zucchini, grated (excess water squeezed out)
- ½ red capsicum
- 4 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 asparagus stalks, sliced into 2cm pieces
- 1/2 brown onion, finely diced
- 6 large eggs, whisked
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Pour your eggs into a large bowl and whisk until mixture becomes bubbly and fluffy.
- Using a chucks cloth squeeze out excess water of grated zucchini.
- Spray a muffin tray with olive oil to ensure mixture doesn’t stick.
- Add zucchini, capsicum, onion, mushrooms, Asparagus, spring onion to a muffin tray in which ever flavour combos you want (or all in!)
- Evenly spread the eggy mixture of the top of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. Using a fork, mix the ingredients around in each so the ingredients are evenly spread.
- Bake for 20 mins or until nice and golden.
- Ps...They will rise and look like egg monsters, but don't worry...they go down haha!
Try recipe or two this week and be sure to let me know your thoughts
I LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing your feedback!
Be sure to also share your creations with me on Instagram so I can like, comment and share!
Use the tag @leahitsines and hashtag #leahitsines to reach out.