Summer entertaining brought to you by these delicious flat breads and @oceanblue_seafood These are SUPER delicious and with the added addition of smoked salmon you’ve got some omega 3s, good source of protein and minerals to add into your day - how good is that!! Next time you’re needing to bring something to an event or make something for your guests… let this be it!
Makes 20-30 small flatbreads
2 cups Self raising flour (more for dusting)
1 1/2 cups Natural Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp. Extra virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp chives, chopped finely
180g Ocean Blue Smoked Salmon, torn into small pieces
250g cream cheese
Rind of 1/2 lemon (plus juice)
Salt and pepper
Dill - optional
- In a small mixing bowl, add yoghurt, olive oil and self-raising and mix. This might seem like a sticky consistency, but this is okay!
- Dust a bench top with more SR flour and knead the dough until it forms a ball. Add around 50-60 grams of the smoked salmon and half the chives into the ball and knead through. If It's still sticky, add more flour to the bench.
- Grabbing 1-2 tbsp of the roll at a time, knead into small balls. Flatten each ball with your fingers and make a small flat circle.
- Heat a small splash of olive oil on a small pan over medium heat.
- Transfer the flat bread into the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until lightly brown and then flip and cook on the other side. Complete with the remaining balls.
- Meanwhile, add the cream cheese into a bowl with the remaining chives, salt, pepper and lemon.
- Once all the flatbreads are cooked, add a smear of cream cheese and top with extra salmon. Then, top with a little sprig of dill to finish.