This spinach & Ricotta Pasta Bake is super delicious and easy when cooking for the family. Not to mention everyone loves a good pasta bake, especially during these colder months.
500g penne, cooked
250g frozen spinach, defrosted and excess water squeezed out
2 garlic cloves, crushed
500g ricotta cheese
1/4 tsp all spice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 cups of Napoletana sauce (check out my basic Napoletana here!)
2 tbsp parmesan cheese, finely grated
More parmesan to top with
10 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions, but take 2 minutes off cook time! It will cook more in the oven.
- In a large mixing bowl, add spinach, egg, garlic, ricotta, allspice, nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix. Combine well.
- Add cooked pasta to the ricotta mixture and mix through well, ensuring there are no large clumps of the ricotta mixture.
- Pour Napoletana sauce over this mixture and mix through.
- Place mixture into a large baking tray and sprinkle with extra parmesan and top with basil leaves.
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes covered. Uncover and place back into the oven for 5 minutes or until lightly golden.