Who doesn't love one tray bakes? So easy and delicious! All the flavour from the veggies just oozes into the chicken and makes the dish taste AMAZING!
Serves: 2-3 people
2 large breast fillets, excess fat cut off
1 broccoli head, sliced into large florets
220g pumpkin, sliced thinly
1/2 red capsicum, sliced in large chunks
1 medium brown onion, quartered
1 zucchini, sliced into rounds
2 garlic cloves, sliced into slivers
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
4 tbsp spinach and basil pesto (two per fillet)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a large baking dish, add broccoli, pumpkin, capsicum, onion, zucchini and garlic. Splash a small amount of olive oil over the top and a small sprinkle of salt. Mix to combine.
- Place the veggie tray into the oven for 15 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, coat the chicken breasts in the salt, pepper and dried oregano.
- Take veggies out of the oven and make room for the chicken! Place chicken breast in between the veggies. If it needs a touch more olive oil, drizzle a small amount now (1 tbsp)
- Place back into the oven for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Spoon pesto over the chicken and serve with rice or just the veggies!