How good is pesto pasta! I love super easy and tasty recipes like these! Minimal ingredients, but packs an absolute punch of flavour. I made the pesto with macro Organic Almonds and used the new macro Quinoa Rigatoni. If you use gluten-free pasta, this is one to try; light, tasty and perfect for meals like this! It’s also high in fibre, and contains 20% of your daily recommended whole grain intake.
Serves 1 -2
- 1 cup Macro quinoa rigatoni pasta (120g cooked)
- 1 chicken breast fillet (around 120g), sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon almond and basil pesto (use a basic pesto recipe, but replace pine nuts with almond)
- ½ cup broccoli florets, cut very small
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 Macro whole kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepita seeds
- 1 teaspoon Macro extra virgin olive oil
- Make your pesto! Check out this link.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the chicken pieces with a small pinch of salt and pepper. In a small pan, heat olive oil over a medium to high heat and cook chickencompletely through, around 4-6 minutes.
- Take chicken out of the pan, set aside and then place broccoli, tomatoes and olives into the same pan. Toss for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until broccoli starts to soften – you still want a little crunch.
- Add cooked pasta and chicken back into the pan and toss to warm through. Add pesto to the pan and mix through. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and pepita seeds over the top.