Hey you guys! I thought you'd LOVE one of the free BARE Lean recipes for your weekly meal rotation, gosh it's delicious! This recipe is a 'general' serving - remember the BARE Lean guide is individually portioned so your serving size may be different within the guide.
This meal is SO delish, can be made in advance in frozen and i promise you, will change your mind on meat loaf (if you know, you know haha!).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Tips: You can use mini loaf tins instead of a large loaf tin for portion controlled individual servings. This recipe can be frozen cooked or the mince mixture raw.
700g lean beef mince (raw)
1 red onion, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tomato, diced
4 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves picked
40g parsley, chopped (reserve 1 tablespoon for the vegetables)
1 teaspoon mustard powder
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper
Olive oil spray
1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
250ml tomato passata
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
75ml beef stock, room temperature
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1.75kg potatoes, peeled and quartered
3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
300g frozen peas
60g butter, room temperature
To serve: Tomato sauce/ketchup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Spray a loaf tin with olive oil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. Reserve 2 tablespoons of this mixture and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add all of the meatloaf ingredients. Using your hands, mix until well combined. Add the reserved 2 tablespoons of glaze and stir to combine. Transfer the meatloaf mixture to the prepared loaf tin and smooth out any cracks in the surface.
- Pour half the glaze over the meatloaf and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and pour over the remaining glaze. Continue baking for about 20 minutes. Once cooked through, remove from the oven and cool in the loaf tin for 10 minutes before removing.
- While the meatloaf is cooking, boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water over high heat for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- To cook the carrots and peas, place a steamer basket over the pot with the potatoes (make sure the basket is not touching the water). Place the carrots in the steamer basket and cover with a lid. Steam for 10 minutes, remove the lid and add the peas. Steam for another 1 to 2 minutes until the carrots are tender but still have a bit of bite. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- When the potatoes are tender, drain off the water, add the butter, remaining parsley and season. Mash the potatoes until smooth.
- Turn the meatloaf out onto a chopping board and cut into thick slices. Serve with mashed potatoes, carrots, peas and tomato sauce, if desired.
Lot's of love,